We provide refunds if…
You are unable to Attend the Booking due to any of the listed reasons and have provided the required evidence shown in the individual reasons section below, subject always to the General Conditions of Refund.
- Illness / Injury (including Covid-19)
- Pre-existing Medical Condition
- Pregnancy Complication
- Death of Immediate Family
- Public Transport Failure
- Flight disruption
- Mechanical Breakdown
- Adverse Weather
- Home Emergency
- Theft of Documents
- Jury Service
- Court Summons
- Armed Forces & Emergency Services Recall
- Relocated for Work
- Changes to Examination Dates
We do not refund for any travel restriction associated with Covid-19, or fear of travelling.
We may also consider other Emergency Circumstances at our absolute discretion and You will need to provide evidence for these circumstances.
You must read the General Conditions of Refund, and the individual reasons section below, for full information on what we will and will not refund for each reason.
General Conditions of Refund
- We do not refund if there is for any reason associated with a Communicable Disease (including Covid-19) pandemic or epidemic, except for those reasons listed in the Covid-19 section of these terms.
- Any reason for refund must not have existed, been known or reasonably foreseeable at the time You made the Booking.
- We do not refund if Your Booking is no longer wanted or needed.
- We will not pay a refund through this process where Your Booking is cancelled or cannot be fulfilled by the provider, or where the provider should refund directly through other terms.
- You must make all arrangements to arrive in time to Attend the Booking, including arranging any necessary permits, travel documents or visas.
- You must take all reasonable precautions or make reasonable alternate arrangements to prevent or reduce any refund request.
- You will be asked to provide any supporting evidence that We consider appropriate at Your own expense, and a copy of the Booking confirmation; We do not issue refunds where You cannot provide sufficient supporting evidence.
- You will be asked to provide Your bank account details so that we can make the refund payment directly to Your chosen bank account.
- Maximum refund value per person will not exceed the total value of their share of the Booking, or £10,000 GBP (or alternative currency equivalent).
We may refund where You are unable to Attend Your Booking because of one of the following reasons associated with Covid-19:
- You, or someone within your Immediate Household, become infected with Covid-19 within the 7 days immediately prior to Attending Your Booking, meaning you have to isolate or shield; supported by evidence of a positive PCR test result, carried out at an authorized laboratory and carrying a QR or bar code that can be verified.
- Someone within your Immediate Household, becomes infected with Covid-19, meaning you have to isolate or shield according to the law of the appropriate national government, supported by evidence of positive PCR test or government communication of isolation.
- The hospitalization, or death, of Your Immediate Family Member due to Covid-19, within the 14 days immediately prior to Attending Your Booking; supported by a medical / death certificate.
- A significant change in Your pre-existing medical condition in the 7 days immediately prior to Attending Your Booking results in a Doctor recommending you do not Attend due to the risk of exposure to Covid-19.
Refunds are not issued where You do not Attend because You are worried about catching Covid-19 or You are isolating without a positive Covid-19 test in Your household, or where Your travel plans are affected by Covid-19 restrictions.
To read more about Covid-19 please visit our dedicated page here.
These reasons for refund are considered on an entirely discretionary basis and are not to be taken as a guarantee of refund.
**See full terms and conditions below to understand the refund policy and any excluded reasons for Covid-19 refund applications.
Requesting a Refund
Your refund application and payment will be handled by the Customer Experience Team who act as the administrator of Our Refundable terms.
To apply for a Refund You must complete the Refund Application Form here as soon as You know You cannot Attend the Booking, and up to 60 days after the Booking.
If Your Booking is cancelled or postponed by the organiser, You should contact Our customer service team directly; see Your Booking confirmation for contact details.
|Illness / Injury||means an Illness or accidental Injury to You. We will also refund the cost of the Doctor’s note on valid Refund Application.|
|What we do not refund||Where you cannot provide evidence that the person affected is within the Group due to Attend the Booking.Where You have not been physically examined by a Doctor prior to the date of the Booking.|
|Evidence required||Doctor’s note or Medical Certificate confirming:the details of the illness or injury,the date it first occurred,that it prevents You from Attending the Booking.(Receipt required for Doctor’s note refund up to £50 or equivalent)|
|Pre-existing Medical Condition||means a physical or mental health condition that You were aware of at the time You made the Booking that would not normally prevent You from Attending the Booking.|
|What we do not refund||Where guidelines for Your pre-existing medical condition would normally prevent You from Attending the Booking.Where You have not been physically examined by a Doctor prior to the date of the Booking.|
|Evidence required||Doctor’s note or Medical Certificate confirming:details of the illness,the date it changed,that it prevented You from Attending the Booking.(Receipt required for Doctor’s note refund up to £50 or equivalent)|
|Pregnancy Complication||means a complication of pregnancy You were unaware of at the time You made the Booking and which results in You being unable to Attend the Booking.|
|What we do not refund||Normal Pregnancy.|
|Evidence required||Doctor’s note or Medical Certificate confirming:details of the complication,the date it occurred,that it prevented You from Attending the Booking.(Receipt required for Doctor’s note refund up to £50 or equivalent)|
|Death||means Your death any time prior to the Booking or the death of an Immediate Family member or any person(s) in the Group due to Attend the event with You, up to 35 days prior to the date of the Booking.|
|What we do not refund||The death of a person not within Your Immediate Family or in the Group due to Attend the Booking.|
|Evidence required||A death certificate.|
|Public Transport Failure||means unexpected disruption or failure of the public transport network which You could not have reasonably been aware of on or before the date of the Booking.|
|What we do not refund||If there is a financial failure of any Transport provider.Heavy traffic or road closures.|
|Evidence required||A copy of the notice of failure or disruption of the public transport. (This can normally be obtained from the transport company’s website).|
|Flight disruption||means cancellation or significant delay of flight(s) which You were unaware of before the date of the Booking, that prevents You from Attending Your Booking.|
|What we do not refund||If Your flight is Your Booking and it is cancelled or postponed, and You have a right of compensation from the Airline or another Paying Party.If You were aware of the disruption prior to the date of the Booking and did not make reasonable suitable alternative travel arrangements.If there is a financial failure of any Transport provider.If the purpose or reason for which You booked Your flight in order to Attend has altered or been cancelled.|
|Evidence required||A copy of Your airline ticket and notice of cancellation from the airline.|
|Mechanical Breakdown||means in the 24 hours prior to the Booking, the mechanical breakdown, accident, fire or theft of a vehicle taking You to the Booking.|
|What we do not refund||If You did not leave sufficient time to travel to the Booking.If You did not make reasonable alternative arrangements to Attend the Booking.Any vehicle You plan to use during the Booking.|
|Evidence required||Breakdown – A copy of the call out note from Your breakdown recovery service.An incident number or report from the Police or relevant traffic authority.|
|Adverse Weather||means weather where a Government Agency has issued warnings not to travel which entirely prevents You from Attending the Booking.|
|What we do not refund||Adverse weather with no Government Agency warnings not to travel.|
|Evidence required||A copy of the travel warning from the Government Agency.Confirmation of relevant route closures.|
|Home Emergency||means a Burglary, Fire, Malicious Damage or Flood at Your private residence up to 48 hours immediately before the Booking, of which You were unaware of the time of making the Booking.|
|What we do not refund||Any Home Emergency for which You cannot provide Evidence as below.|
|Evidence required||Burglary, Flood, Malicious Damage – A Police reference number or evidence from the submission of a claim to Your home insurance company.Fire – A report from the fire service and/or police.|
|Theft of Document(s)||means the theft of a document necessary for the Booking, which cannot be replaced in time for the Booking.|
|What we do not refund||Where documents can be replaced in advance of the Booking or on the day.Where documents have been lost.|
|Evidence required||A police report or crime number to confirm the theft (Self-declaration not accepted).An email from the Booking agent confirming they are unable to replace/re-issue the tickets.|
|Relocated for Work||means a requirement to move address imposed on You by Your current employer, unknown to You at the date of Booking. The move may be temporary or permanent and must be to a location that makes the travel requirement to Your Booking unreasonable.|
|What we do not refund||Attendance at business meetings and business travel.Any temporary relocation for work must be for a period of at least 3 months.Voluntary relocation or where you are changing employer for a new role.Where You are the business owner or registered Director, or a member of Your family is.|
|Evidence required||A letter from Your current employer confirming the relocation details.Evidence of living at the new address.|
|Armed Forces & Emergency Services Recall||means You as a member of the Armed Forces, Reserve Armed Forces or Emergency Services are recalled to work on the date of the Booking or are posted overseas and cannot Attend the Booking.|
|What we do not refund||You were aware of or had scheduled work on the date of the Booking, prior to making the Booking.You made an unsuccessful request for annual leave for the date of the Booking.|
|Evidence required||A note from Your Commanding Officer or Line Manager to confirm being called into work or duty and that this was not Your original schedule.|
|Jury Service||means a summons for You to Attend Jury Service over the date of the Booking of which You were unaware at the time of making the Booking.|
|What we do not refund||Any Jury Service for which You cannot provide Evidence as below.|
|Evidence required||A copy of the letter requiring Jury Service.|
|Court Summons||means You are summoned to appear as a witness in court proceedings on the day of the Booking of which You were unaware of the time of making the Booking.|
|What we do not refund||Any Court Summons in which You are a named Defendant in Criminal Proceedings or where You are the subject of Criminal Proceedings.|
|Evidence required||A copy of the Court Summons.|
|Changes to Examination Dates||means the unforeseen change of the date of an examination that You are already registered to the day(s) of the Booking.|
|What we do not refund||Where You failed the examination previously and had to re-sit.|
|Evidence required||A copy of a notice from the examination body, school, college, university confirming the change of date.|
|Emergency Circumstances||means an unforeseen circumstance completely outside Your control and of no fault of Yours. The decision to refund is entirely at the discretion of our Customer Experience Team. We will consider these circumstances and have no obligation whatsoever to provide a refund.|
|What we do not refund||Anything which our Customer Experience Team considers is not intended to be included in this list of valid reasons for refund.|
|Evidence required||Any evidence requested by our Customer Experience Team to verify the emergency circumstances.|
Specific reasons where refunds will not be provided:
We do not refund for non-Attendance of a Booking directly or indirectly associated with:
- actual or perceived: wildfires, volcano eruption, tsunami, earthquake; war, hostilities, civil commotion; imprisonment, repatriation, deportation; poisonous biological materials, radioactivity; Cyber Incident or Cyber Act; state property seizure;
- failing to comply with any law;
- any Booking emanating from Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan or Syria;
- where exposed to any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom or United States of America.
- if it exceeds 18 months from the date originally booked to the conclusion of the transacted event.
The following words or phrases have the meaning shown below wherever they appear in bold in this document.
We/Us/Our – We are the Booking agent with whom You made the Booking.
You/Your/Yourself – A person who has made a Booking alone or as part of a group with Us.
Armed Forces – Naval Service, Marines, Army or Air Force.
Attend – participate in, take part in, use, or be present at.
Booking – The pre-planned and pre-booked service(s)/event(s)/flight(s)/ticket(s) transacted with Us by You.
Communicable Disease – means any disease capable of being transmitted from an infected person or species to a susceptible host, either directly or indirectly, that has caused quarantines or restriction of movement of people.
Doctor – A qualified medical practitioner registered and licensed with a recognised professional body. A doctor cannot be You or a member of Your family.
Emergency Services – Police, Fire and Rescue Service or other Emergency Services.
Immediate family – Your husband, wife, partner, civil partner, parent, child, brother, sister, grandmother or grandfather, or stepfamily.
Immediate household– persons living together at the same permanent address.
Paying Party – Any organisation or body who has a legal liability to pay compensation for the failure of the service, against whom You have a right of refund.
IMPORTANT Any translation of this document from English is for assistance and information only. In event of a Refund Application the English language version shall be the basis of settlement.
All aspects of this document are subject to English law and the jurisdiction of the English courts.
This is not an insurance policy. A Refundable Booking is an optional extension to Our standard Terms & Conditions of sale and trade, and it provides a refund for certain defined circumstances outlined in this document.